AWA Flag Project
Alberta Wilderness Association (AWA) and Caribou4Ever.ca are holding a flag design contest from now until August 31st to help raise awareness about caribou in Alberta! Artists of all ages are welcome to participate and contribute to our summer caribou awareness campaign.
And there are prizes! Your work will be featured in AWA and Caribou4Ever media and may be published in the Wild Lands Advocate. All finished artwork will become part of a flag banner to be displayed at the AWA offices.
- Designs must incorporate caribou in some way and be painted, drawn or made on a piece of fabric and measure 8” by 12” – artwork should be completed in a landscape view – the widest part of the fabric being the bottom edge.
- All submissions give permission to be used by AWA and its affiliated properties for promotional and social media purposes and possible publication in the Wild Lands Advocate; all flags will be displayed on receipt at the AWA offices
- Multiple submissions will be accepted
- Be sure to sign your work
- Completed flags must be sent by mail or delivered in person by August 31st, 2018 to 455 12 ST NW Calgary, AB T2N 1Y9
Prizes will vary and are not limited to but include 10 MEC $25 gift certificates for the first 10 entries. Winners will be posted on Caribou4Ever.ca. Here are some samples featuring Alberta’s Caribou. We thank Tarana and Eugene for their inspired work, as well as Colleen Campbell whose Bear Flags inspired this contest. You can see Colleen’s flags in the March issue of AWA’s Wild Lands Advocate.